Your ability to write clearly and correctly is the basis upon which clients will assess your professional ability. Lawyers must master accurate legal writing to progress their careers. Every document you write should demonstrate that you are a professional, clearheaded, knowledgeable, and accurate lawyer – just the type that clients want to deal with.
Metropolis Legal writing course runs over one week and is training sessions for practicing lawyers, Law students, and researchers to improve their skills of writing legal English and general correspondence. The training assists them to write clear, concise contracts and letters.
Participants will be trained in the essential skills of writing concisely and clearly in plain English. This includes drafting clear letters, reports, legal arguments and other documents.
- Using plain English
- Letter writing practice
- General Document drafting practice
- Inter-active writing exercises
- Exercises to practice brevity and conciseness and accuracy
- Grammar Exercises
- Legal vocabulary
- Rules of general correspondence
- Structuring contracts for ease of understanding
- Course certificate upon successful completion of the course
The essential basic vocabulary and phrases which are most often used in legal documents, providing explanations of the meaning and use of archaic legal English.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
The training will enable participates to improve both their drafting and their legal writing skills. It will enable them to draft documents more effectively and write more persuasively. Our team of speakers for our legal writing seminars is all highly qualified lawyers who are also teachers and trainers of legal English and other legal skills. They all have extensive international teaching experience which is strengthened by their own years in legal practice: The training improves general writing skills and approach to drafting typical commercial letters, e-mails, reports and documents.
Participants will learn how to:
- Using plain English
- Avoid basic errors in letters and contracts which cause confusion later
- Understand the importance and characteristics of clear writing
- Be able to draft well structured, practical, clear, and concise documents
- Approach drafting with increased confidence
- Use clear specific words and phrases to communicate with others
- Network and interact with speakers and attendees to share experiences and learn about opportunities.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Legal directors and corporate counsel;
- Practicing lawyers;
- Law Students;
- Lawyers advising international trading companies;
- Business Development Managers
- Paralegal staff involved in international law or with international clients.